The Original Certificates in support of the claims made in the on-line application, should be produced at the time of the Certificate Verification - Oral Test or when called for by the Commission. One set of xerox copies of all certificates along with a copy of photograph identical to the one that was submitted in the application, should also be handed over while attending the Certificate Verification - Oral Test or when called for. 

A candidate who has applied to the Commission on a previous occasion should produce the required documents even though they might have produced the same on a previous occasion and were returned to him.

a) Evidence of date of birth viz.

(i) the Secondary School-Leaving Certificate; or 

(ii) A certificate from a University or College, or School authority showing date of birth, according to the University or College or School records. (The certificate of Baptism or extract from Register of Births, cannot be accepted) ; or 

(iii) Extract from the Service Register showing date of birth in respect of persons holding regular appointment under the State Government. 

b) Two certificates of Character and Conduct:

(i) From the Head of the Institution (other than that of a Tutorial College or Tutorial School or a Type-writing and / or Shorthand Institution) in which the candidate last studied or is studying, as the case may be. 

(ii) From a Government Officer belongs to Group A or B who knows the candidate personally, obtained not earlier than the first day of the month, in which the recruitment is advertised in the newspapers. This certificate must be based on personal knowledge and experience of the candidate and not from a relative. 

Note:- i. If the period of study at the Institution in which the candidate last studied or is studying as the case may be, is less than one academic year, he must produce also another certificate from the Head of the Institution, in which he last studied for not less than one academic year. ii. No two certificates may be obtained from the same person. 

c) Documents evidencing the qualification prescribed for the appointment, including qualification in Tamil. 

Copies of Degree or Provisional Certificate alone will be accepted as evidence of qualifications. However, in case the Degree Certificate is lost or is not immediately available for reasons to be specified, extract from the Convocation Register will be accepted as evidence of qualification. Copies of Mark Sheets or Grade Certificates will not be accepted as sufficient evidence. 

In the case of an applicant, who claims to possess adequate knowledge in Tamil, whether his mother-tongue is Tamil or not, a certificate evidencing that he had taken Tamil as a language in his S.S.L.C. Public Examination or had taken all the non language subjects in the S.S.L.C. Public Examination in Tamil Medium or he had passed the Second Class Language Test (Full Test) in Tamil must be proceeded.

d) Practical / Other Experience / Bar Experience 

In cases where the qualifications announced for a post include a period of practical or other experience, in addition to educational qualification / technical qualification, such a period of practical or other experience, as the case may be should have been acquired after obtaining the educational / technical qualifications prescribed for such appointment unless otherwise specified.    

22/49 Dt:28.04.2015 Certificate regarding Practical Experience, if any, prescribed, should conform to the requirements notified. Certificate regarding Bar Experience should conform to the requirements notified. These certificates will be subjected for verification. Hence, documents in support of the contents of such certificates must be available. 

e) Registration Certificates

Candidates applying for the posts for appointment to which registration of their names in Councils like Bar Council or Central Board of Indian Medicine, Chennai and / or the Board of Integrated Medicine, Chennai / Tamil Nadu Siddha Medical Council / Tamil Nadu Board of Indian Medicine, Tamil Nadu Medical Council or Tamil Nadu Homoeopathy Council or Tamil Nadu Veterinary Council, as the case may be, is a pre-condition, they should have registered their names before the date of the Commission’s notification for appointment and the copy of the Registration Certificate should be sent along with the other documents evidencing their qualification. Original of the same has to be produced at the time of oral test along with other certificates. 

f) Community Certificate

In the case of an applicant who claims to be a member of SC/ SC(A) or ST or MBC/DC or BC(Other than BCM)or BCM, a certificate from the following authority noted against each should be produced in the form as specified in G.O.Ms.No. 781, Revenue department, dated 2nd May 1988:- 

Community Certificate should have been issued by the competent authorities referred to above, in whose jurisdiction the candidate claims to have permanent residence, after personal enquiries and proper verification. The certificate obtained by the candidates in the form other than the one prescribed in G.O.Ms.No.781, Revenue department, dated 2nd May 1988 and solely based on the entries in S.S.L.C or Transfer Certificate or other School / College records will not be accepted. 

Candidates are warned that if the community recorded in the certificate produced by them from the competent authority is not included in the list of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities or Backward classes given in the Annexure of this “Instructions to the Candidates”, they will not be considered as belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes or Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities or Backward Classes as the case may be. They will, in that case, be considered only under ‘Others Category’ and if they are not qualified to be considered under ‘Others Category’, their applications will be rejected. 

g) No Objection Certificate

Persons who are in the service of the Indian Union or a State in India or in the employment of Local Bodies or Universities, or Quasi Government Organizations constituted under the authority of the Government of India or of a State in India whether in regular service or in a temporary service need not send their applications through their Head of Department or Employer. 

Instead, they may directly apply to the Commission after duly informing their Employer in writing that they are applying for the particular recruitment and with the condition that they should produce “No Objection Certificate” in the form prescribed below, from an authority not below their Officer / Division Head at the time of attending the Certificate Verification. 

List of Documents to be produced at the time of Certificate Verification / Oral Test. (*If applicable) 

(i) ) Evidence of Date of Birth (SSLC / HSC / TC) 
(ii) Community certificate from the competent authority (ie. Life card) *
(iii) Evidence of Educational qualification (SSLC / HSC / Diploma / Degree / PG Degree or Provisional certificate etc.) 
(iv) B.Ed/M.Ed Degree / Provisional Certificate. * 
(v) M.Phil.,/Ph.D.* 
(vi) Evidence for Typewriting / Shorthand Qualification*. 
(vii) Evidence of Tamil qualification (viz. SSLC / HSC / Degree/ Certificate for having passed the second class Language Test (Full Test) in Tamil conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission). 
(viii) Medical / Veterinary Registration Certificate / Bar Council Registration Certificate / Driving Licence * 
(ix) Evidence of Practical Experience if any prescribed for the post advertised.* 
(x) Certificate of character and conduct issued by Group A or Group B Officer on or after the first day of the month in which the Advertisement announcing the vacancies is published in the dailies. (xi) Certificate of character and conduct issued by the Head of the Institution in which he / she last studied or studying. (xii) Physical Fitness certificate. * 
(xiii) Differently Abled certificate from a Medical Officer to the effect that he / she is a fit person to discharge his / her duties and with the entries therein regarding the percentage of Differently abled * (xiv) A certificate of Destitute Widow from the RDO or the Assistant Collector or the Sub-Collector concerned in the format prescribed. * 
(xv) A certificate as evidence for claim in respect of Ex-serviceman. * 
(xvi) Evidence of extra–curricular activities if any * 
(xvii)No Objection Certificate *                           
(xviii) Special records, if any specified in the Notification / Advertisement.* 
(xix) Tamil Medium: Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) have to produce the evidence, such as Transfer Certificate, Provisional Certificate / Convocation Certificate / Degree Certificate / Certificate if needed mark sheets after received from the Board or University or from the Institution, with a recording that he / she studied prescribed educational Qualification in Tamil Medium as per G.O Ms.No.145 P & AR (S) Department dated 30.09.2010. 

If no evidence for ‘Persons studied in Tamil Medium’ is available as said, then a certificate from the Head of the Institution as given below must be furnished.


  1. Sir TC la condact certificate is enough or individual ah vanganuma.pls explain

  2. TC conduct certificate is enough but individual conduct certificate is better to submit.

  3. Sir my name is shyamala but in my community certificate it printed as syamala.. I have applied for new community certificate.. Will they accept my new certificate as I need to surrender my old certificate to get new one.

    1. may be they will ask @ the time of certificate the community certificate print ur name in tamil as correct means no problem...

      send the photo of community certificate to my watsapp 9698271399

  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

  5. Sir my father name is changed from K.K. Matheshwaran to A.K. Matheshwaran. It is still K.K. Matheshwaran in the Community Certificate and the door no is also changed now. Is there any problem regarding this??

  6. Sir in my provisional certificate is given as 2kj 037712. The numbers are given in the bold case so i just applied using the numbers and missed the letters.Is there any problem bcz of this??

  7. sir cv ku tc kapangala ihave conduct certificate only

  8. Sir is TC enough for last studied conduct certificate

    1. TC is NOT Enough ..@ the time of certificate verification ,they will check Last studied conduct certificate ..

  9. hema
    Sir I am calling for certificate verification in the TNPSC. I have completed my degree in second year. mistakenly it was updated for the completion of degree is it valid or not

  10. Hi sir. I attend group 4 certificate verification on april group 4 application i gave my provisional certificate for degree. But at the time of cv i gave my convocation. Is there is any problem for posting.Please clear my doubt sir. I got confused about it. Pls reply me sir

    1. There is no problem Bro....Don't worry............

  11. Sir,
    Please tell me the documents required for tnpsc oral test

    1. what do you meant oral test on TNPSC ?

  12. I have applied for TNPSC group 2A in the application i have wrongly selected community certificate issuing authority as deputy thasildhar (certificate) instead of zonal deputy thasildhar i cant edit that in my application but other details about my community certificate are perfect will it create any problem

    1. Please send your queries to this email id....its official TNPSC Technical Helpline or Call to +91 8754000961 or 044-25300309....i think it is a serious problem when you will go to certificate verification..........

  13. I mentioned my place of birth wrongly in one time registration.i couldn't change that..wat 2 do sir??

    1. you can change using edit option in one time registration.........

  14. sir,I didn't apply for convocation this year. . . Is Degree certification needed or provincial is enough for certificate verification. . .

    1. When was you completed your degree? If you provide a provisional certificate details on application and provisional is enough...

  15. This comment has been removed by the author.